- Ways to Train:
- Live Classroom Class is delivered at a Centriq location with a live instructor actually in the classroom.
- Live Virtual Class Class is delivered live online via Centriq's Virtual Remote technology. Student may attend class from home or office or other location with internet access.
- HD Class Class is delivered via award winning HD-ILT at Centriq's facility. Students view the live instructor utilizing a 60'' HD monitor.
- Ways to Buy:
- Retail Class can be purchased directly via check, credit card, or PO.
- CV Centriq Vouchers Class is available for students using Centriq Vouchers.
- CP Centriq Choice Pass Eligible Class is available to students utilizing Centriq Choice Pass program.
|Start Date||End Date||Duration||Days||Start Time||End Time||Time Zone||Location||Ways to Train||Ways to Buy||Price|
|Request a Date|
This course is for individuals who seek an understanding of how to plan and migrate existing workloads to the AWS Cloud. You will learn about various cloud migration strategies and how to apply each step of the migration process, including portfolio discovery, application migration planning and design, conducting a migration, and post-migration validation and application optimization. Hands-on labs reinforce learning, and each lab is designed to provide you with the understanding and foundation necessary to complete migration tasks in your organization.
This course is intended for:
- Solutions Architects
- Software Engineers
- IT Project Managers
- Operation leads
We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
- Courses taken: AWS Technical Essentials or Architecting on AWS
- Certifications achieved (optional): AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- Familiarity with enterprise IT infrastructure (hardware and software)
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Recognize the common business and technical drivers for migrating to the cloud
- Summarize the three phases of a migration and associated objectives, tasks, and stakeholders for each
- Describe AWS architecture, tools, and migration best practices
- Distinguish between the various cloud migration strategies and when each is most appropriate
- Determine an organization’s application migration readiness
- Discover a portfolio and gather data necessary for migration
- Plan and design an application migration strategy
- Perform and validate application migration to the cloud
- Optimize applications and operations after migrating to the cloud
View the Migrating to AWS Training Course Outline
This course covers the following concepts:
- Day One
- Introduction to Migrating to AWS
- What Is a Cloud Migration?
- Assessing Migration Readiness
- Preparing for a Migration and Understanding Related Workstreams
- Discovering Landing Zones and Their Benefits
- Building a Landing Zone
- Discovering the Portfolio and Understanding Migration Strategies
- Day Two
- Understanding and Choosing Portfolio Discovery Tools
- Planning and Designing a Migration
- Performing the Migration to AWS
- Understanding Database and Data Migration Services
- Day Three
- Understanding Additional Migration Support Options
- Integrating, Validating, and Cutting Over Applications
- Modernizing and Optimizing an Application Migration
- Understanding Operations Tools, Integration Testing, and Automation
- Migration Best Practices