How We Help Get You Hired
We know your goal is to get a great IT job. That's why career services are an integral component of our program.
In addition to your technical training, we know there are other skills that need to be developed to help you find the right job. Centriq's career services team provides our students with seminars, workshops and other services throughout your training that prepare you for your job search, and help you land your new IT job.
How we prepare you
Throughout the entire program, we walk you through tips and tools for success that help you in both our program and in your transition to a career in IT. We provide this support through several workshops and one-on-one coaching to help you prepare for your job search and find a job you love.
• LinkedIn and Networking
• Job Search Tips and Interview Techniques
• Career Fair Prep
Interview Skills Training
• Mock Interview Boot Camps
• Mock Technical Interviews
• How to Dress for Interviews
• How to Build Rapport with Interviewers
• Constructing and delivering your Elevator Pitch
Where do they find entry-level IT job openings?
• Attending Career Fairs to identify employers with IT openings
• Attending Networking Events
• Monitoring all major Job Posting Boards
• Monitoring LinkedIn Job Postings
• Connecting with IT Staffing firms
• Referrals from Current Students
• Referrals from Graduates about Openings at their Employer
• Cold Calls into area Companies
• Referrals from employers who’ve hired our grads
• New Graduate Alerts in our Employer Network Newsletter
• Employer Network Invitations to Attend our Career Fairs
• Employer Network Invitations to Attend Student Project Presentations
• Attending IT User Groups – many of which are held at Centriq's campus
When we find the job openings, we send them directly to you. We post them on our exclusive Centriq job board. We invite the Employers to our Centriq-only job fair. We host networking and hiring events, plus we offer to set up onsite interviews. In short, we make sure you know about every job opening, and give you the tools to land the position.