- Ways to Train:
- Live Classroom Class is delivered at a Centriq location with a live instructor actually in the classroom.
- Live Virtual Class Class is delivered live online via Centriq's Virtual Remote technology. Student may attend class from home or office or other location with internet access.
- HD Class Class is delivered via award winning HD-ILT at Centriq's facility. Students view the live instructor utilizing a 60'' HD monitor.
- Ways to Buy:
- Retail Class can be purchased directly via check, credit card, or PO.
- CV Centriq Vouchers Class is available for students using Centriq Vouchers.
- CP Centriq Choice Pass Eligible Class is available to students utilizing Centriq Choice Pass program.
|Start Date||End Date||Duration||Days||Start Time||End Time||Time Zone||Location||Ways to Train||Ways to Buy||Price|
|07.15.22||07.15.22||1 Day||F||8:30AM||4:00PM||Central||Virtual Only||Live Virtual Classroom||Cash CV Centriq Vouchers||
Microsoft® Visio® stands out among similar applications because of its unique ability to draw a wide variety of diagrams, flowcharts, workflows, and organization structures—anything that can be represented by shapes connected by lines. Most importantly, these shapes can be rearranged and with corresponding lines remaining intact. Plus, Visio is well integrated with other members of the Office family as well as Microsoft's cloud-based services. This enables you to leverage common Office features, and greatly enriches the sharing and publishing of Visio drawings.
In this course you will build on your ability to create and modify basic Visio drawings in order to incorporate more advanced Visio features and become a more efficient, effective, and creative Visio user.
The target student for this course is a graphic designer, subject matter specialist, or other knowledge worker with basic Microsoft Visio 2019 skills (such as creating basic workflows and other diagrams) who needs to use Visio to create complex graphics and illustrations (such as floor plans, custom maps, and scientific illustrations) that may be linked to external data sources and may be inserted into other Microsoft Office files.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have the ability to create basic workflows and other common diagram types in Visio. You can obtain this level of knowledge and skills by taking the following Logical Operations course:
- Microsoft® Visio® 2019: Part 1
This course includes activities that involve using software such as Excel, Access, and Project. While the listed courses are not mandatory, you can still benefit by taking the following Logical Operations courses to gain an understanding of the basics of the software used with Visio in this course:
- Microsoft® Excel® for Office 365 (Desktop or Online): Part 1
- Microsoft® Access® for Office 365: Part 1
- Microsoft® Project 2019: (On-Premise or Online Editions) Part 1
In this course, you will examine advanced features to make you more efficient and effective.
- Design advanced plans and diagrams.
- Enhance the look of drawings.
- Create shapes, stencils, and templates.
- Connect drawings to external data.
- Leverage development tools.
- Share drawings.
View the Microsoft Office Visio: Level 2 Training Course Outline
Lesson 1: Designing Advanced Plans and Diagrams
Topic A: Build Advanced Plans
Topic B: Build Advanced Diagrams
Lesson 2: Enhancing the Look of Drawings
Topic A: Use 3-D Shapes
Topic B: Work with Shape Styles
Topic C: Define Shape Styles
Topic D: Apply Backgrounds, Borders, and Titles
Lesson 3: Creating Custom Shapes, Stencils, and Templates
Topic A: Create Simple Custom Shapes
Topic B: Create Custom Stencils
Topic C: Create Custom Templates
Lesson 4: Connecting Drawings to External Data
Topic A: Make an Organization Chart from an Excel Spreadsheet
Topic B: Generate a PivotDiagram from an Excel Spreadsheet
Topic C: Create a Gantt Chart from a Project File
Topic D: Create a Timeline from a Project File
Topic E: Connect a Map to an Access Database
Lesson 5: Leveraging Development Tools
Topic A: Create Macros
Topic B: Modify ShapeSheets
Topic C: Build Advanced Shapes
Lesson 6: Sharing Drawings
Topic A: Save and Share Drawings with OneDrive
Topic B: Review Drawings
Topic C: Insert Drawings into Other Office Files
Topic D: Export Drawings
Topic E: Print DrawingsAppendix A: Using Diagram Standards