- Ways to Train:
- Live Classroom Class is delivered at a Centriq location with a live instructor actually in the classroom.
- Live Virtual Class Class is delivered live online via Centriq's Virtual Remote technology. Student may attend class from home or office or other location with internet access.
- HD Class Class is delivered via award winning HD-ILT at Centriq's facility. Students view the live instructor utilizing a 60'' HD monitor.
- Ways to Buy:
- Retail Class can be purchased directly via check, credit card, or PO.
- CV Centriq Vouchers Class is available for students using Centriq Vouchers.
- CP Centriq Choice Pass Eligible Class is available to students utilizing Centriq Choice Pass program.
|Start Date||End Date||Duration||Days||Start Time||End Time||Time Zone||Location||Ways to Train||Ways to Buy||Price|
|09.26.22||09.30.22||5 Days||M-F||8:30AM||4:00PM||Central||Virtual Only||Live Virtual Classroom||Cash CV Centriq Vouchers CP Centriq Choice Pass Eligible||
|12.19.22||12.23.22||5 Days||M-F||9:00AM||5:00PM||Central||Virtual Only||Live Virtual Classroom||Cash CV Centriq Vouchers CP Centriq Choice Pass Eligible||
CompTIA A+ certified professionals are proven problem solvers. They support today's core technologies from security to cloud to data management and more. CompTIA A+ is the industry standard for launching IT careers into today's digital world. It is the only industry recognized credential with performance-based items to prove pros can think on their feet to perform critical IT support tasks in the moment. It is trusted by employers around the world to identify the go-to person in end point management and technical support roles. CompTIA A+ is regularly re-invented by IT experts to ensure that it validates core skills and abilities demanded in the workplace.
The Official CompTIA® A+® Core 2 course provides the background knowledge and skills you will require to be a successful A+ technician. It will help you prepare to take the CompTIA A+ Core Series certification examination, in order to become a CompTIA A+ Certified Professional.
This course is currently teaching to exam version 220-1102
To ensure your success in this course, you should have experience with basic computer user skills, be able to complete tasks in a Microsoft® Windows® environment, be able to search for, browse, and access information on the Internet, and have basic knowledge of computing concepts. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the following official CompTIA courses:
- The Official CompTIA® IT Fundamentals+
Note: The prerequisites for this course might differ significantly from the prerequisites for the CompTIA certification exams. For the most up-to-date information about the exam prerequisites, complete the form on this page: https://certification.comptia.org/training/exam-objectives
In this course, you will install, configure, optimize, troubleshoot, repair, upgrade, and perform preventive maintenance on personal computers, digital devices, and operating systems. You will:
- Support operating systems.
- Install, configure, and maintain operating systems.
- Maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows.
- Configure and troubleshoot network connections.
- Manage users, workstations, and shared resources.
- Implement physical security.
- Secure workstations and data.
- Troubleshoot workstation security issues.
- Support and troubleshoot mobile devices.
- Implement operational procedures.
View the CompTIA A+ Core 2 - Prep for 220-1102 Objectives Training Course Outline
Lesson 1: Managing Windows
Topic A: Use Management Consoles
Topic B: Use Performance and Troubleshooting Tools
Topic C: Use Command-line Tools
Lesson 2: Identifying OS Types and Features
Topic A: Explain OS Types
Topic B: Compare Windows Editions
Lesson 3: Supporting Windows
Topic A: Perform OS Installations and Upgrades
Topic B: Install and Configure Applications
Topic C: Troubleshoot Windows OS Problems
Lesson 4: Managing Windows Networking
Topic A: Manage Windows Networking
Topic B: Troubleshoot Windows Networking
Topic C: Configure Windows Security Settings
Topic D: Manage Windows Shares
Lesson 5: Managing Linux and macOS
Topic A: Identify Features of Linux
Topic B: Identity Features of macOS
Lesson 6: Configuring SOHO Network Security
Topic A: Explain Attacks, Threats, and Vulnerabilities
Topic B: Compare Wireless Security Protocols
Topic C: Configure SOHO Router Security
Topic D: Summarize Security Measures
Lesson 7: Managing Security Settings
Topic A: Configure Workstation Security
Topic B: Configure Browser Security
Topic C: Troubleshoot Workstation Security Issues
Lesson 8: Supporting Mobile Software
Topic A: Configure Mobile OS Security
Topic B: Troubleshoot Mobile OS and App Software
Topic C: Troubleshoot Mobile OS and App Security
Lesson 9: Using Support and Scripting Tools
Topic A: Use Remote Access Technologies
Topic B: Implement Backup and Recovery
Topic C: Explain Data Handling Best Practices
Topic D: Identify Basics of Scripting
Lesson 10: Implementing Operational Procedures
Topic A: Implement Best Practice Documentation
Topic B: Use Proper Communication Techniques
Topic C: Use Common Safety and Environmental Procedures