- Ways to Train:
- Live Classroom Class is delivered at a Centriq location with a live instructor actually in the classroom.
- Live Virtual Class Class is delivered live online via Centriq's Virtual Remote technology. Student may attend class from home or office or other location with internet access.
- HD Class Class is delivered via award winning HD-ILT at Centriq's facility. Students view the live instructor utilizing a 60'' HD monitor.
- Ways to Buy:
- Retail Class can be purchased directly via check, credit card, or PO.
- CV Centriq Vouchers Class is available for students using Centriq Vouchers.
- CP Centriq Choice Pass Eligible Class is available to students utilizing Centriq Choice Pass program.
|Start Date||End Date||Duration||Days||Start Time||End Time||Time Zone||Location||Ways to Train||Ways to Buy||Price|
|Request a Date|
The CompTIA® Server+® course builds on your existing professional experience with personal computer hardware support to present the next tier of skills and concepts that you will use on the job when administering any type of network server. If your job duties include server troubleshooting, installation, or maintenance, or if you are preparing for any type of network server-related career, it provides the primary knowledge and skills you will require to be successful. The CompTIA® Server+® course can also benefit you if you are preparing to take the CompTIA Server+ examination.
This course is currently teaching to exam version SKO-005
This course is designed for IT professionals such as PC, desktop, and help desk technicians who have experience supporting PC hardware who wish to make the transition to become server hardware and support specialists. This course is also designed for existing server managers who are preparing to take the CompTIA Server+ Exam SK0-005.
To ensure your success in your course you should have 18 to 24 months of hands-on experience with installation, configuration, diagnosis, and troubleshooting of PC hardware and network operating system issues. It is also recommended that you have the CompTIA A+ certification or the equivalent training and experience.
In this course, you will:
- Manage server hardware.
- Install server hardware and operating systems.
- Configure networking hardware and protocols.
- Create a virtual server environment.
- Perform basic server configuration tasks.
- Administer servers.
- Implement server storage solutions.
- Secure the server.
- Plan and test disaster recovery.
- Troubleshoot server issues.
View the CompTIA Server+ Training Course Outline
Lesson 1: Managing Server Hardware
Topic A: Server Components
Topic B: Server Power
Topic C: Server Cooling
Topic D: Asset Management
Lesson 2: Installing a Server
Topic A: Prepare an Installation Plan
Topic B: Prepare the Server Hardware
Topic C: Set Up the Server Hardware
Topic D: Install an Operating System
Lesson 3: Configuring Networking
Topic A: Manage Network Cabling
Topic B: Configure Network Interface Cards
Topic C: Implement IP Addressing and Network Infrastructure Services
Lesson 4: Creating a Virtual Environment
Topic A: Create Virtual Servers
Topic B: Create Virtual Switches
Lesson 5: Performing Basic Server Configuration
Topic A: Configure Local Server Properties
Topic B: Configure Server Roles
Topic C: Set Up IP Addressing Service Roles
Lesson 6: Administering the Server
Topic A: Update the Server
Topic B: Server Administration Access and Control Methods
Topic C: Create Service Level Agreements
Topic D: Monitor Server Performance
Lesson 7: Implementing Storage Solutions
Topic A: Perform Capacity Planning
Topic B: Deploy Primary Storage Devices
Topic C: Storage Technologies
Topic D: Configure RAID
Lesson 8: Securing the Server
Topic A: Configure Firewalls
Topic B: Configure Security Protocols
Topic C: Implement Intrusion Detection Systems
Topic D: Implement Logical Access Control Methods
Topic E: Implement Data Security Methods
Topic F: Apply Server Hardening Techniques
Topic G: Implement Physical Security
Topic H: Create Virtual Networks
Lesson 9: Planning and Testing Disaster Recovery
Topic A: Implement Environmental Controls
Topic B: Manage Documentation for the Server and the Network
Topic C: Create A Disaster Recovery Plan
Topic D: Perform Backup and Restoration
Lesson 10: Troubleshooting Server Issues
Topic A: Troubleshoot Theory and Methods
Topic B: Troubleshoot Hardware Issues
Topic C: Troubleshoot Software Issues
Topic D: Troubleshoot Networking Issues
Topic E: Troubleshoot Storage Issues
Topic F: Troubleshoot Security Issues