- Ways to Train:
- Live Classroom Class is delivered at a Centriq location with a live instructor actually in the classroom.
- Live Virtual Class Class is delivered live online via Centriq's Virtual Remote technology. Student may attend class from home or office or other location with internet access.
- HD Class Class is delivered via award winning HD-ILT at Centriq's facility. Students view the live instructor utilizing a 60'' HD monitor.
- Ways to Buy:
- Retail Class can be purchased directly via check, credit card, or PO.
- CV Centriq Vouchers Class is available for students using Centriq Vouchers.
- CP Centriq Choice Pass Eligible Class is available to students utilizing Centriq Choice Pass program.
|Start Date||End Date||Duration||Days||Start Time||End Time||Time Zone||Location||Ways to Train||Ways to Buy||Price|
|Request a Date|
This half-day course will allow you to become familiar with computers and Microsoft Windows while learning basic computer, mouse and keyboard skills in a supportive classroom environment. This is also a good prerequisite for Microsoft Office courses.
Beginner computer users
At the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Describe the parts of a computer.
- Identify and use window components.
- Use the mouse correctly.
- Navigate a webpage.
- Perform basic file management tasks.
View the Computer Basics Training Course Outline
Computer Hardware (Input, Processing, Output and Storage devices)
Computer Software (Operating System, Applications)
Start Menu (Accessing Apps, Configure/Customize, etc.)
Taskbar (Pinning/Unpinning Apps, Configure/Customize, etc.)
Windows Interface (Title Bar, Toolbar, Menu Bar, Taskbar, Resize, Move, Close, etc.)
Settings (Display, Screen Saver, Lock Screen, Background, Passwords, etc.)
Accessories (Snip, Word Pad, Paint, Character Map, Cortana, etc.)
Ending Windows Session (Lock, Sign Out, Sleep, Shutdown, Restart, etc.)
Mouse Skills (Left-click, Right-click, Double-click, Drag/Drop, Select/Highlight, etc.)
Common Keystrokes (Delete, Backspace, ESC, CTRL/SHIFT/ALT, Functions, etc.)
Keyboard Shortcuts (Undo, Cut/Copy/Paste, Switch Windows, Save, Print, etc.)
File Explorer Interface (Panes, Address Bar, Ribbons, etc.)
Create/Rename/Delete Files or Folders
Recycle Bin (Restore/Empty)
Move/Copy Files or Folders
Change Views (Layouts, Sorting, Filtering, etc.)
Find Files (Search)
Select Multiple Files (Adjacent, Non-adjacent)