- Ways to Train:
- Live Classroom Class is delivered at a Centriq location with a live instructor actually in the classroom.
- Live Virtual Class Class is delivered live online via Centriq's Virtual Remote technology. Student may attend class from home or office or other location with internet access.
- HD Class Class is delivered via award winning HD-ILT at Centriq's facility. Students view the live instructor utilizing a 60'' HD monitor.
- Ways to Buy:
- Retail Class can be purchased directly via check, credit card, or PO.
- CV Centriq Vouchers Class is available for students using Centriq Vouchers.
- CP Centriq Choice Pass Eligible Class is available to students utilizing Centriq Choice Pass program.
|Start Date||End Date||Duration||Days||Start Time||End Time||Time Zone||Location||Ways to Train||Ways to Buy||Price|
|07.11.22||07.12.22||2 Days||M-T||9:00AM||5:00PM||Central||Virtual Only||Live Virtual Classroom||Cash CV Centriq Vouchers||
|08.08.22||08.09.22||2 Days||M-T||9:00AM||5:00PM||Central||Virtual Only||Live Virtual Classroom||Cash CV Centriq Vouchers||
|09.12.22||09.13.22||2 Days||M-T||9:00AM||5:00PM||Central||Virtual Only||Live Virtual Classroom||Cash CV Centriq Vouchers||
This course lays the foundation for Power BI for the Cloud Report Builders. Power BI Report Builders will learn everything they need to create highly effective stand-alone and multi-page narrative reports using data sources that are created by Power BI Data Model Designers. This course covers the use of both the Power BI Desktop application as well as the Power BI Service.
Please note this class is only available through Centriq's partner network. Separate Terms & Conditions will apply to registrations.
Basic reporting knowledge, basic understanding of data
View the Data Analysis using Power BI Desktop - Level 1 - Report Builder Training Course Outline
Lesson 1: Introducing the Power BI Service
· What Is the Power BI Service?
· Power BI Service Key Features
· The Self-Service BI Model
· Power BI Reports & Dashboards
Lesson 2: Defining a Report
· What is a Power BI Report?
· Defining a Report
· Data-Driven Storytelling
Lesson 3: Building Power BI Desktop Reports
· Understanding the Design Interface
· Creating Reports
· Report Visualizations
· Formatting Visualizations
· Report Final Touches
Lesson 4: Report Actions and Filtering
· Visual Sorting
· Creating Slicers
· Drill-down, Highlighting, & Data Actions
· Visual, Report, & Page Filters
· Visual Interactions
Lesson 5: Understanding Data Models
· Understanding Data Terminology
· Understanding Tables
· Understanding Relationships
· Diagnosing Data Models
· Data Model Schemas
Lesson 6: Gathering Report Data
· Data Queries vs Data Models
· Viewing & Refreshing a Data Source
· Modifying Report Data
Lesson 7: Data Model Functions
· Creating Calculated Columns
· What is DAX?
· Understanding DAX Functions
· Date Hierarchies
Lesson 8: Connecting to the Power BI Service
· Power BI Service Interface
· Connecting to a Data Source
· Uploading & Updating PBIX Reports
· Power BI Service Report Interface
· Managing Power BI Service Datasets
Lesson 9: Building Power BI Service Dashboards
· Creating Dashboards using Existing Reports
· Building Dashboards
· Organizing Dashboard Elements
Lesson 10: Using Q & A (Cortana)
· Understanding Q & A
· Modifying Q & A Results
· Pinning Q & A results to a Dashboard
Lesson 11: Sharing Reports & Dashboards
· Sharing with Co-Workers
· Managing Power BI Content
· Using Groups
· Creating Content Packs
Lesson 12: Appendix A: Power BI Roles
· Adding Roles
· Determining filters
· Publishing Roles