Centriq’s IT Career Program grads work for some really great companies. We asked Marc Evans, Owner of TeamLogic IT Kansas City, to tell us about his company and why they hire Centriq grads.
- How would you describe your company?
I own and operate TeamLogic IT Kansas City. With more than 35 years of business experience, I’ve seen all types of technology solutions. We provide managed IT services to clients in the Greater Kansas City area. We work hard behind the scenes to ensure your IT needs are met and everything is running flawlessly.
There are four key parts to our success with IT:
- Proactive – We won’t wait until something is broken before fixing it. We stay on the cutting edge of new technology. We are constantly thinking ahead and looking to the future.
- Preventive – We very rarely need to scramble to resolve a security threat or data loss after it’s already happened. Instead, our team looks ahead to identify upcoming issues and moves forward to implement solutions and prevent problems.
- Responsive – Clear communication is vitally important when it comes to collaborating with clients about IT services. Our team will promptly and courteously respond to every support request and answer all questions, no matter how small.
- Locally Owned – While I own the company, our client’s benefit my membership in a nationwide network of over 190 locally-owned offices. Today, TeamLogic IT manages over 50,000 servers and workstations nationwide. Simply put – there is no other IT service company in Kansas City that compares to the value of TeamLogic IT.
- How big is your IT staff? What do they do?
We have five full-time employees who are laser-focused on solving our customer’s technology issues while providing the best IT products and services. Every day is different with different challenges, project work, and opportunities to learn something new.
- Tell us something impressive/unique about your company or your IT department.
We are part of a national network of over 190 TeamLogic IT’s. We are local but also have the benefit of a large network of engineers we can leverage to resolve the most challenging technical problems.
- How many Centriq grads has your company hired?
We only just began to participate in Centriq’s career fairs and have already hired our first grad. Centriq gave him a solid foundation that allowed him to become a fully contributing employee in just a few months.
- What do Centriq grads work on at your company?
It is probably easier to say what they don’t work on. We touch every type of technology you can imagine because we work with a variety of small businesses throughout the KC Metro. We see the results of technology implemented the wrong way as well as the right way. This experience helps us grow our strengths and competencies.
- What sets Centriq grads apart from other candidates?
They have the technical foundation, skills, and attitude to be successful in the ever-changing world of a managed service provider.