Centriq’s IT Career Program grads work for some really great companies. We asked Zachary Callaway, Candidate Engagement Manager at LaunchCode, to tell us about his company and why they hire Centriq grads.
- How would you describe your company?LaunchCode is a nonprofit organization building a skilled workforce by creating pathways for driven people seeking careers in technology. We are helping jobseekers enter the tech field by providing accessible education, training and paid apprenticeship job placement.
- How big is your IT staff? What do they do?We place candidates with companies around town, so IT staff varies depending on where an apprentice is placed.
- Tell us something impressive/unique about your company or your IT department.Our apprenticeship program gives Centriq grads a unique opportunity to start their dream job in tech with one of our amazing company partners. Candidates placed through LaunchCode apprenticeships earn promotions and grow professionally at a rate similar to peers with past experience and degrees.
- How many Centriq grads has your company hired?We have consistently placed Centriq grads in apprenticeships since coming to Kansas City in 2016.
- What do Centriq grads work on at your company?Within apprenticeships, Centriq grads can take on a variety of roles with our company partners, such as front end developer, full stack developer, back end developer, SQL developer, QA analyst, etc.
- What sets Centriq grads apart from other candidates?
We love Centriq grads because they consistently impress our partner companies with robust projects and a solid foundation of coding fundamentals.