- Ways to Train:
- Live Classroom Class is delivered at a Centriq location with a live instructor actually in the classroom.
- Live Virtual Class Class is delivered live online via Centriq's Virtual Remote technology. Student may attend class from home or office or other location with internet access.
- HD Class Class is delivered via award winning HD-ILT at Centriq's facility. Students view the live instructor utilizing a 60'' HD monitor.
- Ways to Buy:
- Retail Class can be purchased directly via check, credit card, or PO.
- CV Centriq Vouchers Class is available for students using Centriq Vouchers.
- CP Centriq Choice Pass Eligible Class is available to students utilizing Centriq Choice Pass program.
|Start Date||End Date||Duration||Days||Start Time||End Time||Time Zone||Location||Ways to Train||Ways to Buy||Price|
|07.05.22||07.08.22||4 Days||T-F||10:00AM||4:00PM||Central||Virtual Only||Live Virtual Classroom||Cash CV Centriq Vouchers||
|09.19.22||09.22.22||4 Days||M-TH||10:00AM||4:00PM||Central||Virtual Only||Live Virtual Classroom||Cash CV Centriq Vouchers||
Introduction to building and managing containers for deployment on a Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift cluster
Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180) introduces you to building and managing containers for deployment on a Kubernetes cluster. This course helps you build core knowledge and skills in managing containers through hands-on experience with containers, Kubernetes, and the Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform needed for multiple roles, including developers, administrators, and site reliability engineers.
This course is based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.5 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux® 7.6.
Please note this class is only available through Centriq's partner network. Separate Terms & Conditions will apply to registrations.
- Developers who wish to containerize software applications
- Administrators who are new to container technology and container orchestration
- Architects who are considering using container technologies in software architectures
- Site reliability engineers who are considering using Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift
- Be able to use a Linux terminal session, issue operating system commands, and be familiar with shell scripting
- Being a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA®) is recommended, but not required
- Have experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies
Course content summary
- Understand container and OpenShift architecture.
- Create containerized services.
- Manage containers and container images.
- Create custom container images.
- Deploy containerized applications on Red Hat OpenShift.
- Deploy multi-container applications.
View the Red Hat OpenShift I: Containers & Kubernetes Training Course Outline
Introduce container technology
Describe how software can run in containers orchestrated by Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
Create containerized services
Provision a server using container technology.
Manipulate pre-built container images to create and manage containerized services.
Manage container images
Govern the life cycle of a container image from creation to deletion.
Create custom container images
Design and code a Docker file to build a custom container image.
Deploy containerized applications on Red Hat OpenShift
Use single container applications on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
Deploy multi-container applications
Set up applications that are containerized using multiple container images.
Troubleshoot containerized applications
Regulate a containerized application deployed on Red Hat OpenShift.
Comprehensive review of curriculum
Demonstrate how to containerize a software application, test it with Podman, and deploy it on a Red Hat OpenShift cluster.
Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves. For questions or confirmation on a specific objective or topic, contact one of our Red Hatters.