Windows server 2016 first look clinics
Date: Thursday, July 7, 2016
Time: 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
Place: 8700 State Line Road, Ste 200, Leawood, KS 66206
Registration for this event is now closed.
Centriq’s First Look Clinics will introduce you to the new features and capabilities of Windows Server 2016. They are designed to provide a broad range of knowledge across an array of technologies focusing on the pillars identity, compute and networking.
No topic is covered fully, but you will finish the clinic with an understanding of the new and improved features and capabilities of Windows Server 2016.*
At the end of the clinic you will be able to:
- Describe the installation options and editions of Windows Server 2016.
- Describe Nano Server and how to manage it.
- Describe the new features in Hyper-V.
- Describe Windows Server Containers and Hyper-V Containers.
- Describe the new features in management.
- List and describe the new features available for Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS).
- List and describe the new features available for AD DS.
- Describe Storage Spaces Direct.
- Describe Storage Replica.
- Describe Storage Quality of Service (Storage QoS).
- List and describe the Windows Server technologies for Software-Defined Networking.
- List and describe the cloud-scaling features in Windows Server 2016.
- List and describe the other new and improved networking services in Windows Server 2016.
This clinic is intended for IT Professionals who are interested in learning about the new features and functionality in Windows Server 2016. People who are key influencers and technology decision makers in an IT organization will also be interested in attending this clinic and will benefit from gaining an early insight into some of the latest technologies included in Windows Server 2016.
And, while there are no specific prerequisites for attending the clinic, individuals with experience in the following areas will benefit the most:
- Experience with Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- Familiar with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
- Experience in configuring storage in an enterprise
- Experience in managing an enterprise network
- Experience with virtual machines and clustering
*This clinic is based on Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4, and the technologies are subject to change in the final release.